What Is Composite Bonding?
Composite is a dental resin material that is not only functional but looks natural and is aesthetically pleasing. Composite can be used in a number of different ways depending on the problem and the desired result.
A Composite Bonding case completed here at the practice
- Improve the appearance of discoloured teeth
- Make teeth look longer
- Fix spaces or gaps between teeth
- Repair chipped or cracked teeth
- Change the shape of teeth
- Protect a portion of the tooth’s root that has been exposed due to gum recession
Composite build-ups are created using different layers of composite resin material that is ‘cured’ and bonded in place. This skill and precision creates a tooth that looks entirely natural and indistinguishable from your surrounding teeth. Because it is bonded in place, the composite becomes very durable and tough.
Usually, composite bonding can be completed in just one visit.